ISA 101 mega-thread

Rson

I'm going to start a project for work that will be time consuming over the next year or so. It happens to be a rental unit, so I'm not constrained for time or standards and I plan to do everything in ISA format (it is a process machine with a couple of motors & instruments)

I have a copy of ISA 5.1 (symbols) and ISA 101 (HMI standard). I'll start digging into it later today.

I've already read the High Performance HMI handbook, so I'm somewhat familiar with the HMI section, and I do deal with P&ID loops at work that use the ISA 5.1 standard, so I have a head start on that.

My first question is - when creating electrical drawings, do you use the ISA 5.1 naming conventions? We typically use the Electrical ID for all devices because it contains the Sheet - line - Component format. If anyone does use the ISA naming conventions, would anyone be willing to send me an example set (or even just a sheet or two) of your electrical drawings?

Second question - does anyone know of a set of SVG or other images to create the HMI screens? I guess I'll make them 'by hand' as I go, but it would be nice to have something to start with.

I'll post things here as they come up!