Ethernet Temperature Probe

swapped

Hi All!

I'm looking for an Ethernet temperature probe that I could poll from a logix plc to get temp readings. I have not been able to find anything like this so far. Can anyone suggest something they may have used in the past. I basically want to put these in panels and IDFs to keep an eye on temperatures in case an AC unit fails.

Thanks!

I've seen temperature sensors with some ethernet protocol advertised in IT venues. Something like SNTP(?)

Try googling for terms like server farm, cooling, temperature, alarm.

You could maybe use one of these and then wire a T/C to it.

It might be simpler and a lot less expensive to just monitor the cabinet cooler for a fault or use a temperature switch.

Last edited:
Google SNMP temperature monitor

j94h2t.jpg

fxylvc.jpg

I use switches in most cabinets but would like to put something Ethernet based in IDFs and panels that have no IO.

Not sure how I would go about polling a SNMP device from logix?