Panel View Plus display only

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello to my ET brothers. Question, how do i make a screen display only. At some stations I do not want operators to have access to change things but they need to see the process. I have been trying in factory talk studio to find this parameter for hours.

What type of data do you want to display. Sounds like you just want a bunch of indicators.
Numatic Indicators can give you a read out like line speed, gap settings. Multistate indicators can change colors for different states and you can have captions in them or data.
There are also alarm banners or popups you could use for different conditions.

These are complex process graphics controlling various parts of the plant. I want to make certain screens observe only at certain stations. For example the milk receiving station needs to see the HTST screen but not be able to manipulate valves/routing. Any panel view station would have multiple screens for multiple systems, linked to many processors.

Im not talking about button animations ,visibility options or letter code access . Im talking about entire pages.......smell me?

You want to view (as example) the HTST screen from HMI "A" on HMI "B"
identical screen only HMI "A" has control and HMI "B" is just a mirror
image with no control?

EXACTLY CAPTAIN, sorry if my descriptions were lacking. Thought it would be the processor local design association in the factory talk linx....but I was incorrect.

Just had a Idea....what if you put a giant invis button linked to unused file over everything you wanted blocked?

That sounds like it would prevent an input.
What Panelviews are you currently running.

I have found and retrieved existing programs that have monitor only screens. I open them up in Factory talk view studio and I cant fig what is making them observe only...all symbols are linked to correct files and processor?

Im sure its my fault but this is the first time here that I have gotten no real info on my issue. I work at a cheese/protein plant that is ran primarily by stand alone processors with networked panel views. There are many panel view stations all over the plant. These stations have many screens showing various processes. Some stations currently have screens that have access to changing things like routing and set points that they should not. I know in panel view there is a way to make screens display process data only...it is a setting or parameter that I cannot find. This is not in reference to one screen i want to limit access to but MANY screens.