S5v71 comms to PLC

I only have the one CPU with me today, tried what you suggested but still same. I know the CPU will work as I can put stuff in and out with the S5win.

Thats something I haven't tried yet but will do when opportunity arises, funny how it works with the S5 win. I could send you the program later if you want to have a play with it.

Thanks a million for your help so far, I think I will be hitting a bottle of malt whiskey tonight and forgetting it over the weekend ... Cheers John M

Wait, maybe I read something wrong...

You're using this same Siemens cable (6ES5-734-1BD20) with STEP 5 as well as this "snide version of S5WIN", and it is working with "S5 WIN" and not STEP 5?

If that's the case, I recommend uninstalling STEP 5, reboot, rename the C:\STEP5\ directory to C:\STEP5OLD\, and reinstall V7.2... and install the 4 updates on the ISO image in sequence.