S7-1212c

sentano

Hi all,
Is it possible to monitor/manage the S7-1200 series over the internet?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex

The S7-1200 series PLC's have an on-board ethernet (profinet) port, so as long as the network that the PLC is on has access to the internet you should be able to connect remotely. The real question is the layout of the network and your level of access (local / remote) to that network and the PLC.

Thanks,
So if I have a modem and a router and the s7 at one end, as long as I know the WAN IP to look at, I should be able to find my processor. In this particular case I'm not looking at complicated network layouts, the idea is to be able to troubleshoot the rig (mobile rig), from the other side of the world, without having to travel.

Cheers

Apparently the web server will be available in the future (if it is not already), so you should be able to write web apps that sit on the CPU like you can on a Simotion.

Apparently the web server will be available in the future (if it is not already), so you should be able to write web apps that sit on the CPU like you can on a Simotion.
This is correct. The web server is not yet available but will be supported in a future version.