Micrologix 1500 config. trouble

gmultani52

Hi,
I am new and want some help. I was configuring micrologix 1500, upto Autoconfig. OK becouse massage come auto configuration sucessful. But when I start RS logix -- commus -- system comm-- upload program, a window show

" configuring the setting dirrectly to linx gatway is not allowed add new TCP driver( remove divice via linx gateway in RSlinx and then select your path through the driver."

" no respons from processor at selected path/node. InitDriver failed code-1. correct driver may not be runing. etc

need help step by step.

Thanks

You are apparently trying to go online with an existing program?

Under RSLogix, goto the Comms menu and select 'Who ACtive, Go Online'. A window that looks like Linx Who will appear and choose the DF-1 Driver. Click on the plus sign and select your processor. Then click the button, Go Online. If the program is not entirely the same, it will want to upload the program. If so, you will need to navigate to the directory where the program is stored and select the program to use the documentation that it has during the upload.

David

Oh, and apparently who last accessed the controller was using a NETENI module.

Are you using the serial cable? My previous post assumes this, but I guess I need to know what you have for a setup to completely answer your question.

David

yes I was using srial cable (235). Last time another technician came he might have used NETENI module. Thanks

Add to my previous clerification about cable.
First I used simple RS 232C puchaged from radio shop with nul modem conector but it did not work. same cable I cut and converted to 235 ie 2---3,3---2, and 5---5, keeping other terminal dummy, this works and autoconfiguration was sucess.
This micrologix recently programmed and installed in our wokeplace. I wanted to upload the program.

gmultani52,

Also sometimes I have found it useful to go to the RSLogix top menu: "Tools", "Options", "Systems Communications", and then set the Current Driver settings to match the comunications driver that you are now using. You can then go online from this same screen menu.

Another problem sometimes happens if RSLinx is trying to run some drivers that are not accessible, which creates an Error. Go to RSLinx, "Configure Drivers", and see if any are showing faults or if the driver you are trying to use (DF-1?) is not running.

It a serial to ethernet adapter, essentially, for the micro/SLC series of processors from Allen Bradley. It appears in linx(and the network) as an ethernet TCP/IP address but it uses the serial DF-1 port of the Micro/SLC.

David

So if this madule is installed in micrologic, is there special driver to configure to communicate with micrologix as stated above i am fine upto auto cofiguration but not able to upload program or communicate with processor. A window come and say ADD NEW TCP DRIVER. Thanks

add to my previous Q. above. Window give below massage

" configuring the setting dirrectly to linx gatway is not allowed add new TCP driver( remove divice via linx gateway in RSlinx and then select your path through the driver."

" no respons from processor at selected path/node. InitDriver failed code-1. correct driver may not be runing. etc

Thanks

Yes, I think you will have to start the program "RSLinx", and go to RSLinx "Configure Drivers", and add the proper driver. It is not clear to me why it is referring to the TCP driver. Perhaps that is the only one currently running in RSLinx? If TCP driver is running and you do not plan to use it, then you should "stop" it in RSLinx, or delete it. If the correct driver has not been configured and started running in RSLinx, then you will not be able to use it in RSLogix.

Do you have an ethernet driver configured in Linx to begin with? If not, you will have to add one, and then you have to know what IP address to configure. I imagine you are getting that error message because linx does not have an ethernet driver configured.

David

David,
I don't think that gmultani52 is wanting to use an Ethernet connection, because in his 2nd post, he said "...was using srial cable (235)." I believe that the Ethernet connection was created and used by the previous programmer, and that it needs to be deleted and a serial (DF-1) driver configured in RSLinx.

You are correct Lancie1, I just answered without reading his whole question.

Doesn't Logix usually ask you to change the default driver when you go to upload the program and save the latest image? It seems to me that it did. But regardless, going under system comms should save that comm path when he saves the program to disk anyway. I have not had to connect to a micro in a while, I deal with ControlLogix/FlexLogix/Modicon and other premium PLC's mostly now.

David

Hi, David & Canciel
I tried again in my shift duty but same trouble. Upto auto configuration ok and window give configuration sucessful.I checked going back to rslinx driver configuration window it show only one driver DF-1 runing.)but to rslogix comms-- sys commus upload, it is not working give follwig massage

" configuring the setting dirrectly to linx gatway is not allowed add new TCP driver( remote divice via linx gateway in RSlinx and then select your path through the driver." this driver do exist in the driver minu list.
If Ethernet connection was created and used by the previous programmer,how to change to DF-1 so that i can communicate with serial cable This ML 1500 do have one extention medule also.
If switch in in micrologix play any role to change over the seting from ethernet to serial port.