Allen-Bradley communication to a 20 character display

xetrov123

So the system we have is a Allen Bradley micrologix 1500 and is currently communicating over DH485 (COM 0) to a PV1000 touchscreen through an AIC.

I have a Datalink (Equustek) DL3500 DH485-ASCII that I want to use to communicate to the display. The display communicates over RS232 ASCII.

I have set the device ID of the DL3500 to "5"

The problem I believe I am running into is the configuration of the MSG command.
I have the following config:
MSG File: MG9:1
Channel: 0
Communication Command: 485CIF Write
Data Table Address: ST10:0
Size in Elements: 1
Message Timeout: 5
Data Table Offset: 0
Local Bridge Addr: 0
Local/Remote: Remote
Remote Station Address: 5
Remote Bridge Link ID: 0

The error I am getting is:
Error Code (Hex):7
Target node does not respond DF1 - DLE ACK/NAC timeout and
DLE ENQ transmitted (ENQ retries exhausted)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Chris

The DF1 doesn't look right.

What connection is this Display unit connected to? (You didn't mention that in your post)

The ML1500 only has one serial/DH-485 port, so you only have one choice of protocols to use....

I take it that you have chosen serial to DH-485 through the NET-AIC.
If so, then you cannot branch that serial from the NET-AIC to the display unit and expect to communicate via serial.

Read this manual:

http://literature.rockwellautomation...m004_-en-p.pdf

It is a one way device, to the best of my knowlege.

Can you provide a simplified drawing of your setup?

Last edited:
Well, I was able to use a MSG command to "talk" to the DL3500 device. The device is an interface that can be used as an ASCII printer or an input device such as a bar code reader. However, after talking to the manufacturer of the DL3500, I need to use PLC5 Write for the communication command and the MicroLogix 1500 only supports 485CIF Write when using a String value.

So... Looks like this will not work.

:D