Dot Matrix Printer

Wilkerson4492

Can anybody recommend a dot matrix printer to use with an AB CompactLogix? It is going to be used to print out parameter changes and has to have serial communications. I also need to have some sort of feedback to the Controller if the printer is faulted, printing etc. I have used ribbon printers in the past to do similar but this customer wants a dot matrix. Thanks for your help.

I'm confused. Don't dot matrix printers use ribbons? Anyhoo, Epson makes serial printers in several varieties. They are a dying breed, though. Going with a name brand lets you buy the ...ribbons... at a major office supply store if need be.

I here you, it is customer specified. They want something with a continuous paper feed etc. If there are other options I am open to suggestions. I suggested to log the data to a database but this was apparently hard to validate and easy to change so they did not want to do it. I am looking to see if anyone has a specific brand they have used before with the feedback to the PLC I require.

Thanks Kenny, I'll have a look and see if Epson will work. I know Fujitsu and Okidata also make dot matrix printers, just not sure what other people have had success with.