Panelview 1400E problem

jrs2563

Howdy..this msg concerns a problem that has developed with my Panelview 1400E Panelbuilder 1400E software. I am developing several
program packages simultaneously on a Plc 5/40e, plc 5/20e and the Panelview. A couple days ago my PC froze up, after getting that fixed, reloading win98SE, getting linx to work again, everything now works except I keep getting the following error when I try to open
my Panelview application:

"Panelview 1400E Problem - Error in Synchronizing Channel 1.
Cause: Network Type 'Remote I/O' not installed."

Ive never had to install this "network type stuff and Im not sure where to do it...I can't get anything on the panelbuilder software itself except download upload (which work fine) and open an application. I can upload and download, just cant look at any program on the PC. Help! Jim Schroll

I found an A-B Knowledgebase document that describes that specific error. If you reinstalled the OS, I'm not surprised that PB1400e malfunctioned.

The fix looks simple, though:

Knowbase document G17430

The fix might be version-specific; if you don't have version 5.11 then give Tech Support a ring and get the right file to fix this error in your version of PanelBuilder 1400e.

Sorry to be late in replying Ken, but I wanted you to know that indeed
your post DID solve my problem. Thanks alot for checking this out for me. Jim Schroll