OT: MODBUS rtu 485 T connectors

barryoc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I will be working on a project shortly that will be using a Modbus rs485 network. I am trying to source a t-connector of some sort for the drop-lines from the BUS line. The drop-line side only needs to be a "quick" connect type (no tools required) as operators will be required to change sensors. The other issue is that this network will be outdoors so the connectors need to be waterproof. The network will run in a Belden cable for Modbus 485 and 24v DC power. I was thinking of something like an M12 y connector in a waterproof junction box with a hole drilled for the dropline but it would be quite crude. Y Connector

Has anyone ever come across something like this?

Regards,
Barry.

Thanks guys,

Im now searching google for a small junction box, gland in either side and use a waterproof bulkhead connector at the bottom for the drop-lines. This should be a lot better than a splitter.