PanelView Screen directed by PLC

rmb550

I have been using PanelView T6 and T10 -- and want to use the 3" version in a lower cost application. I am wondering how one gets the HMI to jump to a certain screen based on some status in the PLC --- i.e. if I have an alarm in the PLC (defined by my program) I want the HMI to navigate to a specific screen where the alarms are listed. Note this is as defined by my program in the PLC and is not the "alarms" that are HMI - tag defined.
Thanks in advance.
RMB

If you are talking about stanadard Panelviews. Then see picture below.
Pay special attention to the last sentence, you must release control so a operator can change screens again.

ScreenControl.jpg

Mickey,
Thanks for that -- but I am using the PanelView Component Operator Interface that has the built in design software, and does not use the PanelBuilder software. Any ideas?
RMB

I have not used this functionality with the PanelView Component, but I believe you should be able to control the HMI screen through a PLC tag if you go to: Tags / Global Connections / 19 - Current Screen Number (Read/Write). See attached screenshot.

You can also download the emulator software from Rockwell's site. This will allow you to edit a Component application without having a PanelView Component terminal.

http://www.ab.com/eoi/graphicterminals/downloads.html

PanelView Component Screen Number.jpg