Communicate AB plc with Siemens PLC???

sundar_scada

Hi to all

I am new for AB plc. Now i want to communicate AB(1756-L61 Control logix) with Siemens S7-300(CPU 315-2DP). I want to transfer all the Tag values from AB to Siemens. How can i communicate the Both.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

L.V.Sundar

The easiest is to add a Profibus interface module in the CLX rack.
Set the CLX module up as a DP slave for the 315-2DP as DP master. In this way you get the most direct connection between the two PLCs.

I know of two Profibus modules for CLX:
SST-PFB-CLX from woodhead.
MVI56-PDPS from Prosoft.
(I wouldnt be surprised if they are actually the same)

Hi there,

You can also use a gateway, I believe it will be cheaper and faster to setup. The gateway needs to have Profibus slave interface on one side and slave interface towards the CLX (EtherNet/IP, controlNet, DeviceNet) on the other.
With the gateway solution you will need a minimum of programming of the PLC´s. Set up the gateway as a Profibus slave towards the S7 and set up the gateway as slave on the network used by the CLX.
There are several vendors out there, I work for one of them (HMS).
If interrested, go to:
http://www.anybus.com/support/support-abs-x.asp?ProdType=Anybus X-gateway&Net1=Profibus Slave
and select the network used by the CLX.

BR

Patrick L