Display Totalizer of Steam Flow Meter

Sunil Modi

Now I am using ABB plc.4-20 mA signal is coming from flow meter(E+H).I have already set 3000 kh/h rang in flow Meter for 20mA.Actual value of steam flow is display by SCALE function block but How I can calculate total flow of steam as a totalizer.

TOTAL (for some time period) = SUM (Flow Rates) over that time period.

What are the units "kh/h"? Did you mean kl/h (kiloliters per hour)?

For example, if your steam flow is measured in cubic meters per second (m^3/second), and you want to know the total volume of steam for the past 1 minute, then read the flow rate every second for 60 seconds, then add all of the 60 flow rates together to get steam volume (m^3) for 1 minute. For 1 hour, make 3600 readings and add together to find the steam cubic meters per hour.

On the other hand, your meter may have a built-in totalizer function that would be more accurate than creating your own totalizer in PLC logic.