Modicon TSX Micro PLC.

Daviddon

I have a problem with a Modicom TSX Micro PLC, it is fitted in a Mailing Machine that has been sent to us from another factory. After applying power to the machine the PLC display was flashing PRG and was not in run mode, whilst I was off shift someone has downloaded information on this model from the internet and has followed the instructions for this problem which was to press the reset button behind the battery, this was supposed to put the PLC back into run mode.......Now we have inputs and outputs displayed on the PLC but run and "ter" leds are flashing alternately. As we have no documentation, program/IO list or experience of this type of PLC we are all "****ing in the wind" at the moment. Oh and it's got to be running for an important visit this Friday, would really appreciate any help on this.

Regards, Dave.

Is the processor running and controlling the machine? What do you mean by input and outputs displayed?
Have you cycled power since restarting the PLC?
Is there anything connected to (or should there be) any communications port?
Is the a separate memory card? Is it seated correctly?

Modicom TSX

Jim,
Thanks for the reply, to answer your first question: the machine will not run, this could be complicated by the guard override keys not being available but we have jumpered out the guard override key switches. 2nd answer: the numbers of active inputs and outputs are now displayed on the PLC display panel (pretty sure they weren't when PRG was on display). Answer 3: the power HAS been cycled.
Answer 4: assume the communication ports are on the top left of the PLC, there are two cables plugged in. Answer 5: we haven't found a memory card, that was the first "route" out of our problem but it appears not to have one fitted. Any idea why the run and ter leds are flashing, I guess a guide to what we would expect to see when the PLC is in a run state would be of some help.

Regards, Dave.

Dont know for sure but i had a 984 series processor that the run light would flash..This ment it was in "Kernal" mode..basically it lost its firmware..what is the model Number of the unit and i can make some calls tommorow for you..

Can't see any model No's on the PLC, probably on the back (great when it's shoe-horned into a small space). Boss man has called in Schnieder to sort the problem out, I'll let you know the outcome.

Regards, Dave.

The PLC is simply not in RUN mode. You have to hook up with a computer and
put in RUN.

Tsx37

your PLC already have a program in it's memory this is because the "ERR" led ia not flashing.
"run" led is flashing means that your PLC is not in run mode you need either to connect to the PLC using Lap top you should Have the programming tool "PL7" (there is an economic version for micro only )
OR
In this model you can put the PLC into run/stop mode using a discrete input or a certain memory address.

"Ter" Led flashing means that ther is a communication between the PLC and onther device may be HMI "Magelis" for example.So i suggest if the magelis exist please review the screens may be you found the Run command in one of them .in the same time may be there is an input(used for safety) can put the processor in run mode when on this input is Usually %I1.8.
Please let me know also what is your exact configuration.
BR

You were right, the PLC just needed "kicking into life" by connecting a laptop but as we don't have the software or a spare laptop, we had to get a man in !! Still have a problem with the machine but that's down to a motor encoder.

Did you ask your programmer to "set up" the PLC so it automatically enters the Run mode, or reacts to an input like Hesham mentioned?

Boss man dealt with the programmer when he turned up, as far as I know he just put it in run. The machine is still down as the gearbox encoder (Hohner) is duff and we are having trouble sourcing a replacement as original is obsolete.

The problem is easy to solve.
Someone has moved the yellow switch situated near the battery in the battery slot.
Put the switch rn the right mode and then all come in right mode.
The message "PRG" is for transfer the firmware in the CPU.
Bye and good luck.
Gdl48 from Italy.

PLC Modicon TSX Micro was damaged power supply, but it's have battery.Can I download program from PLC ? How about connect PC .
How about are the software and cable ?
Thanks