panelview 300 micro

tonyginger19

I have just purchased a panel view 300 micro to play with. I got the firmware downloaded in to it just fine. I try to communicate through the RSLINX software using RS232 DF1 and it tells me that there is an error in communicating with it under diagnose configuration but it shows up in the RSWHO part.

any ideas?

tony

Tony, I just did a job with the 300 Micro. Had a few problems at first getting it to communicate. o_O Trial and error finally got it to work once I directly connected to it. I'm using a MicroLogix 1500 and the CH 1 port to connect to the PanelView 300 Micro via a 2711-CBL-PM05 cable. :confused: Don't like this set-up cause when you make changes and download to PV, you have to disconnect from CH 1 and directly connect to Panelview from Laptop. Thought RSWho would see both the MicroLogix and the PanelView 300 Micro. (Maybe someone knows why? just haven't checked into it yet)👼 . All is working, believe, I saw a question about using time and date with this PV, I have it working, no problem...also the security. Any questions will be glad to help.🍺