Need some Crimson 3.0 help!

AMoore

I have zero prior experience with this software (Crimson 3.0) and hardware (Graphite G09, Graphite GMUIN4, L-Gage LE550 Laser Sensor), and am looking for some help in getting it set up properly. Again, I have next to no experience with this stuff so please try to go easy on me with any jargon :).

I'm trying to measure the outer diameter (OD) of a cylindrical object (pipe) that is moving down a conveyer system while also rotating. I have the set up figured out, but need some help with the Crimson 3.0 software.

I have everything hooked up, and can display the OD on the screen of the Graphite, but I want to have a rolling average instead of the real time measurement. The measured surface is pretty bumpy and uneven, so a rolling average would be much more useful than the real time value.

If anyone that has experience with this software can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!