RSLogix help

VonWill

Hi,

I'm a student and I created a program on campus using RSLogix 500 (using the Micrologix 1500 LRP Series C processor). My campus is now on strike, but my lab is still due online tomorrow which requires a screenshot of my ladder. I was able to download and install RSLogix Micro, but I cannot open the program to take a screenshot of the ladder because the processor is not a 1000 or 1100 series. Is there any other way I can view the ladder?

Zip and post the files here. Maybe someone can open it for you and print it to a .pdf file for you to view. Also, someone "might" be able to simply convert it to a 1000 or 1100 series project for you.

I'd ask your teacher to allow you to turn in your assignment after tomorrow as this seems like an extenuating circumstance. How can you be expected to take this screenshot if there isn't any lab access?? Would the same expectation apply if there were a natural disaster of some sort that flooded your campus?

Alternatively, if you're comfortable with posting your project here (zip it up first) someone will surely print it out for you as a PDF.

Thanks! Yeah, you would think the instructor would understand, but considering some of the grading so far, we don't want to take any chances. I attached the zip (hopefully) it's only 10 rungs.

Thanks! Is that something that's fairly easy to do in RSLogix 500? I ask because, if it's something I can do in a few minutes at the end of my labs, then I could continue to work with it at home.

Thanks! Is that something that's fairly easy to do in RSLogix 500? I ask because, if it's something I can do in a few minutes at the end of my labs, then I could continue to work with it at home.

In your case, it's pretty easy. Just go to controller properties, change it to MircroLogix 1100. It can be trickier for other controllers depending on I/O configured and instructions used in the program. Not all controllers support the same instructions.

Using the RS500 software, Click on Controller Properties, Change Controller type, Save As.

My wonder is why are they teaching with obsolete hardware?

ML1500 converts quite easy, then you have more advanced features.

FYI, the full version of Micrologix programming software, standard edition, is only $145.00 USD. Might be able to get it cheaper. Covers all of the Micrologix PLC's. Was pointing that out to a customer today with a lot of small machines they want to upgrade.