Connect via Wifi to Scalance W788

hein123

Would it possible to connect to a SCALANCE W788-2 M12 via Wifi with Windows 10.

Currently we connect via ethernet through a scalance switch or at the Wifi Nodes (Scalance W738). It's quite a hassle and would be easier with Wifi.

Thus is this possible and how?

While here, I have one Scalance W734 Ethernet port 2 not working, is there some way to fix this or could this port just be damaged beyond repair?

Tried erasing CPLUG and reloading settings without luck. If I swap ethernet cables around (P1 <--> P2) the problem stays at Port 2.

Would it possible to connect to a SCALANCE W788-2 M12 via Wifi with Windows 10.

Currently we connect via ethernet through a scalance switch or at the Wifi Nodes (Scalance W738). It's quite a hassle and would be easier with Wifi.

Thus is this possible and how?

It absolutely is possible, depending what settings you're using. Your PC's HW is much more relevant than the OS, though.

• Your PC needs to support the channel that the SCALANCE AP is set for. Industrial products tend to support every channel possible, whereas consumer PCs often come with cheap wireless chips that only support some of it.
  • The W788 must be in standard wifi mode, not using any of the i-features (like iPCF). These ifeatures are proprietary extensions to the public standard. iPCF strongly recommended when using the wireless for IO control

While here, I have one Scalance W734 Ethernet port 2 not working, is there some way to fix this or could this port just be damaged beyond repair?

Tried erasing CPLUG and reloading settings without luck. If I swap ethernet cables around (P1 <--> P2) the problem stays at Port 2.

If you moved the cables around and it still isn't working, then odds are you're right, the port died.

Only other thing to try might be to reset it to factory defaults, as I think it's technically possible to disable a port in the settings.

Thanks, we use the W788 iPCF function thus won't be possible.

I did already do everything suggested and would guess that it's a faulty port.
Thanks for the advice

Did not want to create a new post but I have another question,
this forum sure is helpful

I have a KP700F, which does not want to change settings and load programs. It takes extremely long to start also.
Any ideas??

Maybe faulty memory maybe?

Want to fully test it first before sending it back to the supplier

How long is extremely long to start? I've seen a lot of equipment that takes a lot longer to boot tha I expect it to, but it turns out to be the normal time. Does it actually start operating eventually?

When you say it does not want to change settings or load programs, what is happening? Does it not allow you to get to the control panel? Do the settings not save after you do a reboot?

What happens when you try to load a new program? Does the download finish, but the old program is still active? If you aren't connecting at all, you may be using the wrong comm driver to transfer. Siemens panels usually have 2 ethernet drivers for some reason, a PN one and an Ethernet one. 50% of systems I touch use one and 50% of the systems I touch use the other. As long as both Portal and your Panel are configured the same, it's fine. If they aren't..... good luck.