Beckhoff Analog output terminal configuration

piash.ali

Hi,
I am facing a problem. I have configured the analog output terminal EL4004
as (output_1 AT%QW2: INT) but I did not get the output which I define from the program (ST). I have configured digital input/output terminal before and those works perfectly. My question is
1. Is there any difference between digital (output_1 AT%QW2.0: BIT) l and analog(output_1 AT%QW2: INT) terminal configuration except the variable image size(BIT, INT).
2. Is there any example of the analog terminal configuration.

Thanks!

Hi

Have you remembered to link the variable to the EL4004 output?

Also 0V=0 and 10V=32767 in integers so if you want 4.22V you need to convert the REAL to and INT and then scale it.

Hi

Have you remembered to link the variable to the EL4004 output?

Also 0V=0 and 10V=32767 in integers so if you want 4.22V you need to convert the REAL to and INT and then scale it.
Thanks for your advice. I have linked the 2variables with output1 and 2 in I/O device.
I have checked the val1 = 10; but when I checked the terminal port through multimeter, that showing 0Volt, I have tried the val1=1000. it always 0 in voltmeter.

Linking is within System Manager, which was a stand-alone program in TwinCAT2. As a separate task, you must also Build your PLC project code and download it to the PLC's CX by "logging in". You usually need to also start the code running (menu PLC-Run, I recall or F5). This was done in a separate program PLC-Control in TwinCAT2. In TC3, both are integrated in Visual Studio, which makes most hand-shakes automatic, but also makes it more mysterious how things flow behind the scenes. Also, set as a boot-up project so it will load and run automatically in the future. This was a "Create Boot Project" in TC2 downloading, but I recall is just a checkbox in a TC3 project's setup.

BTW, if you install bad bootup PLC code (array overflow, divide by zero, ...) it may cause Windows to not boot (if your code pokes the OS memory). If so, the way out is to boot Windows into Safe Mode (so TwinCAT system doesn't launch) and delete the bootup files in the \Boot folder of TwinCAT, then restart Windows normally, and of course fix your PLC code or add checks so indexes can't exceed array bounds (project checkbox in TC3) (how would I know?).

Once the PLC code is running and in control of an output channel, I recall you will no longer be able to Write the module's output value from System Manager I/O screen since the PLC code will be continually over-writing whatever you request. The Force function is somewhat similar. As I recall, you must halt the PLC code running (break-point or such) before you can Force the PLC variable's value (and thus change the module's output).

Last edited: