What is the status of the SLC 500 platform as of 2017 and into 2018 ?

Rob S.

Good Afternoon ,

I searched the forum and found the subject of the future of the SLC 500 being discussed in 2014. As of today , what is it's future ? I just got a price on a 1746-NI8 Analog Input Card and it jumped to $2,700 . Any time in 2018 do you think it may become more critical to invest in replacing on some important manufacturing equipment ? It sounds like it is getting pretty expensive to maintain SLC 500 components .

Thanks so much in advance ,

If that link doesn't show you the results, go back to the product life cycle search and type in 1747-L5 into the search bar. That will show you the list of SLC controllers.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon ,

I searched the forum and found the subject of the future of the SLC 500 being discussed in 2014. As of today , what is it's future ? I just got a price on a 1746-NI8 Analog Input Card and it jumped to $2,700 . Any time in 2018 do you think it may become more critical to invest in replacing on some important manufacturing equipment ? It sounds like it is getting pretty expensive to maintain SLC 500 components .

Thanks so much in advance ,

List price on that 1746-NI8 is $2,010, you should have a word with your distributor.

Rob,
For obsolete parts I always try Classicautomation.com
They are pretty good - their parts (also used/refurbished) come with a two year warranty; they usually ship within two days.
Does not really answer your question... but might help, when you are in a bind.

Dealing with Rockwell in the past about this last year, it is going to legacy, but will still be supported for quite a while. Years. How to upgrade depends on your process and industry, but I would plan it in the next 5 years.