TIA Portal export to text file.

My question is, would I be able to automatically generate a Siemens PLC program, defining tags, FB, FC, logic, etc., out from a machine list (providing that I have already defined the corresponding UDTs, FCs and FBs)?
What about the HMI?

I have seen this in the past for a company I worked for. This was for pretty much the most complex system I've seen on a Siemens PLC and it was extremely well described and it was painful to configure. Basically, the software was always the same and all you had to do was to put the right values in the right DB's.
Someone not willing to do these by hand anymore, decided to write a program that would lead you through the configuration of the machine and then generate the DBs to be used.
If you understand the syntax of the exported code, there's no reason why you couldn't write it to import.
My doubts are related to the TIA portal itself as I've done this on Step7.

cardosocea,
In my current job, many of the projects consist basically in rearrange the same machines around a layout, but names, quantities and some functionalities can slightly vary. So I think that using a tool like Openness can be the answer to expedite my programming (handling the repetitive part automatically).
I have something done for the L5K file used by RSLogix 5000 and Sutdio 5000.

Openness seems to be very sophisticated, at least from a quick look at the manuals. My question is, would I be able to automatically generate a Siemens PLC program, defining tags, FB, FC, logic, etc., out from a machine list (providing that I have already defined the corresponding UDTs, FCs and FBs)?
What about the HMI?
I know it sounds ambitious, but I would like to know what is the limit using Openness.

I think there are some limitations, but I know they've been reducing them each new version. The main trick is that you aren't doing it all in excel, you're doing it in C/C#/etc. I've also heard the interface changes between Portal versions, so you may need to "fix" your automated code generator when it goes from V14SP1 to V15.

Take a look at this example, though, it sounds like a similar goal.
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/109739678

For the HMI, you can also take a look at an option called SiVArc. You can automatically generate tags and screens in the HMI, based on rules you've created. The screens are based on Faceplates you've pre-built, associated with pre-built FBs in the PLC. If you add a few more calls of the FBs, then it can automatically generate new screens for the new instances of the faceplates for the new FBs. It can also automatically link the faceplates to the correct tags.

If you're using Eplan for the CAD, then you can export from there directly into portal. I think that includes HW config and IO tag names.