Point io reporting wrong cards

spaderkung

Some 1734-IB8 are reported as OE2C, physically impossible because of the mechanical setting on the back.

Hi... I have the strangest problem.

The node is 1734-EANT then 4 IB8, 2 ie2c, ob8 and OE2C. Controllogix. Sporadically, but after a while, there are warnings when looking online on some cards. I have disassembled and reassembled. Seems as it's always card in slot 2 and forward, let's say 2,3 5, 7 or so. Goes away after reset the slave. Sometimes. You know when you want something to work and see it work but it's because you don't look hard enough. And then it's back. Oddly all signals work sort of during io check to plc. I first discovered it because the di card in slot 3 never lit up on the input channels. That card is now working fine on another node.

There are 5 other nodes, no problem.

Everything but this node thoroughly fat tested. Any ideas are most welcome.

The fact that the -IB8 module works correctly in another adapter suggests that you have a damaged or defective POINTBus interface on the 1734-AENT adapter itself, and that the adapter should be replaced.

A while ago there was a bad batch of POINT modules that got the wrong identity codes written into them, but that was a consistent error; they always showed up as the wrong device.

Thanks. Agree to the suggestion, now for the plan...
I will switch AENT btwn nodes, and test.
Is there a way to distinguish hardware from firmware fault on AENT? Can I do more than reset it from the template online?