Honeywell Average Block

toddster900

Hi All

I have a Honeywell Experion DCS system with several C200 racks. I am trying to take an average over a set time of several instrument readings.

I have tried using the ROLLAVG block but I cant add it to any assigned CMs. I can add it to an unassigned CM but when I then try to assign that CM I get the following error.

"Cannot assign to CPU because ROLLAVG is not compatible with the execution environment."

If this is the case and the ROLLAVG block is not compatible with C200s is there another block I can use? I have looked but cant see any.

As always any help would be much appreciated!

Hi, you've probably got this solved already, but here's a thought. I know nothing of Honeywell, but I had to do some averaging in A-B for some times. Anyway, I used the cycle start/stop bits to start a retentive on timer, and moved the times into storage bits and then averaged them. At first I was advised I couldn't use the AVG instruction in rs5000 by my boss. So I used ADD and DIV instructions to get the result.
Point is you may be able to do this with other instructions instead of the ROLLAVG in your Honeywell system. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I've done it using timers and mathematic blocks like you suggest. Was just hoping to find a nice neat block.

The Rolling Average block is not available in a C200. It will work in a C300. I have done rolling averages in a C200 with a SCM using arrays and pointers. Syntax in the SCM would be something like ArrayTagName.[Element] where the [ ] is a pointer to another value. Use a counter to index through the array then add them up. I had tried this before just in a CM but with large amount of data you put too many blocks in one CM.