Automated Changing Screens FTView SE

joelryan22

I've made a FTView SE Local Client with 2 displays. I want to change the displays every 30 seconds between each other. What is the best way of doing this?

I know this can be done very easily on ME using a few rungs of plc logic but how can it be done on SE?

i appreciate any help, thanks.

You can put a numeric display in the display. Assign a Tag from the plc. Then go to the VBA Code for that numeric display and unter NumericDisplay1_Change() you can (after proper error checking) call "ExecuteCommand "Display Screen_2". On your 2. screen do the same with ""ExecuteCommand "Display Screen_1".
Every time NumericDisplay1 changes in the PLC, the display will change.

You can put a numeric display in the display. Assign a Tag from the plc. Then go to the VBA Code for that numeric display and unter NumericDisplay1_Change() you can (after proper error checking) call "ExecuteCommand "Display Screen_2". On your 2. screen do the same with ""ExecuteCommand "Display Screen_1".
Every time NumericDisplay1 changes in the PLC, the display will change.

Thanks! This is similar to what i ended up doing.

For the most part i was just struggling with VBA and how to read/write my tags from there but i have it figured out now(y)

Thanks! This is similar to what i ended up doing.

For the most part i was just struggling with VBA and how to read/write my tags from there but i have it figured out now(y)

Good. Yes, thats not so obvious and the FTV users guide isnt a help. Fortunately the is a site called plctalk with a handfull threads about that topic 🍻