control logix memory

RY_Guthrie

I have a 1756-l61 processor and I am trying to determine where the processor loads the program from during a power cycle. I lost power and when the power came back up some of my analog points had the wrong span setting, all I can figure is it loaded a older version of the program that had not been updated? Anyone seen this happen before?

Is there a memory card installed in the processor? It has been awhile since I worked on a contrologix, but I seem to remember the l61 used a CF card, it could be configured to load the program on power-up / fault, like what you are describing.

I am not connected to the processor, I am going from what a tech told me what he had to do, I have worked on control logix quite bit and that is the only thing I can think of. I can look at the offline file but at the moment I dont have online access.

You do need to be online to tell how it will operate on power-up.

Once online go into the Controller Properties and access the Nonvolatile Memory tab.

In the Image in Nonvolatile Memory section it will show when the image will load as well as the program being loaded.

OG

There's no other memory space that a different "image" can be loaded from, other than the CF card.

If the power-cycle changed things is has to be from the CF card.

If you make changes to a program that has a "CF Load on Power-Up" setup, you just have to remember to update the CF card image after any edits, it will "undo" all and any changes you make to the running image.

It might be worth removing the CF card while the program is in a state of flux, only put it back when the program is fully debugged, and remember to update the CF image before leaving it.