rslogix 5000 communication problems

RWERNER518

I am having difficulty getting online with my laptop with my rslogix5000 software going through the 9300-rades ethernet modem.
I want to upload the program that is in my processor (logix5555)
I am using an ethernet cable to the rades unit (verified good)
I am using rslogix5000
rs linx using the ethernet/ip driver
and I get limited or no connectivity on the connection
any ideas would be greatly appreciated

are you using the correct ip address for the processer? if your laptop is set to get its ip address from the server, you will get this errror

My it guy cannot get it in his head that some of the equipment I connect too, has to have a static IP, which means my laptop has to have a static ip addy also, it drives him nuts everytime he picks up my laptop for sys maint or upgrades........lol