Panel view connectivity

krunalc

K
I have got one Panelview and micrologix plc. Now Panelview has got DH485 port in it. I want to connect my micrologix PLCs with other plcs and would like to put this PLC on ethernet network. For that i know i need 1761 Net ENI module. But in that case how i can communicate PLC with panelview having dh485 port. Is it possible that i put one Net AIC in between so that on PMO2 cable will run from micrologix PLC to Net AIC and panel view will communicate through DH485 port of NET AIC. While connecting HMO2 cable will run from NET AIC to ENI module to connect PLC with ENI module. Does such kind of arrangement will work?? If yes then is there any limitation for such kind of network. I hope my query is clear to u ppl.

regards and anticipating quick responses,

I have got one Panelview and micrologix plc. Now Panelview has got DH485 port in it. I want to connect my micrologix PLCs with other plcs and would like to put this PLC on ethernet network. For that i know i need 1761 Net ENI module.

I don't think so - For DH485 comms you will require a 1761 NET AIC module, the ENI module is for ethernet comms.

But in that case how i can communicate PLC with panelview having dh485 port. Is it possible that i put one Net AIC in between so that on PMO2 cable will run from micrologix PLC to Net AIC and panel view will communicate through DH485 port of NET AIC. While connecting HMO2 cable will run from NET AIC to ENI module to connect PLC with ENI module.

Did you want an ethernet network or a dh485 network? I think (but somebody correct me if I am wrong), the PLC will work on both networks depending on its revision/model, but you will be limited to DH485 comms if that is the type of panelview that you have.

Why don't you go for a MiroLogix 1500 LRP series which has two Communication port - One port you connect to existing Panelview on DH485 and other Port you connect to NET-ENI ..