Addressing

BigJon1023

What does FFFDDDdd mean in relation to AB addressing. Assuming dd is bit level but cannot figure out the translation for the FFFDDD.

I've never seen anything like that in relation to an AB PLC. Can you give any more context as to where you're reading it?

James,

B3 is the Data file name/type. In this case it is the third binary data file (as apposed to floats, strings, ints etc.) The 10 is the element number in the data file. 05 is the bit number in the element.

I've never seen anything like that in relation to an AB PLC

It's a typical address format used in (say) Weintek HMI software when configuring objects to talk to any PLC - see attached.

Regards,

Rob

Weintek_AB.png

Aha. A picture is worth 1000 words, as they say.

If it were AB, it would probably be written as "FFFWWWbb"
FFF = File
WWW = Word
bb = Bit
e.g. N7:20/10 > 00702010

But I guess every manufacturer does it differently. FFFDDDdd would still work out as
FFF = File
DDD = Word (D for Data perhaps?)
dd = Bit (d for data(with a small d) perhaps???)
So N7:20/10 > 00702010