EBERLE PLS511S comm error

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I purchased the software, cable and laptop to talk to a EBERLE PLS511 and I'm getting a comm error. I have my port set up the same as the software and have tried a variety of things to get it to communicate with no luck. The cable they sent is not a straight pass thru cable, looks like it has some internal chips? Wondering if the cable is bogus? Looking for any help on what we are doing wrong.

We think we narrowed it down to the cable. The cable has a built in dongle and when we opened it up we found several wild hair wires that were shorting. We have a new cable in route and hoping that is it.

We got a 2nd cable and it worked for about 30 seconds. After talking to some folks we were told that windows 98 should run the software but everyone we talked to that had it working was running windows 95. We are loading 95 on the computer and will post how it works.

We got a 2nd cable and it worked for about 30 seconds. After talking to some folks we were told that windows 98 should run the software but everyone we talked to that had it working was running windows 95. We are loading 95 on the computer and will post how it works.
Hello
What connection cable is needed for this?
Thank you in advance Smetana