S7 5.5 array shifting and avg

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Gents,

Trying to shift and average 10 integer array values.

First issue is shifting every value in the array forward one spot.

0..8 becomes 1..9 is the idea, which allows me to move a new value into 0.

TIA makes this very easy, but not finding the same ease in classic.

I am sure I can use 10 move instructions, but I was hoping there was a way to manipulate larger groups of data.

Thanks in advance.

To make a block that both handles the FIFO buffer and the averaging will be very easy in SCL.

If you dont have SCL, then in the standard library, under the TI-S7 converting blocks, there is an FC85 "FIFO".
And under the S5-S7 converting blocks there is an FC92 "Buffer storage (FIFO)".
Both are FIFO buffer block for integers. Select either block and hit F1 to get help on the usage.

Unfortunately there is no averaging block that I know of.
Without SCL you will have to write STL code and use the LOOP instruction.
One hint, when doing the summing before averaging, you should convert the summing variable to a REAL or a DINT. Otherwise you risk that if you sum many INTs that summed value exceed the maximum number range of an INT (-32768 .. +32767).

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to use SCL. I think I could sort it out fairly easily if so.

I made a block with all the code yesterday, and I'll plan to try it out today. I think what I made will work, but I was looking for a cleaner way to do it.

Thanks for the tips