Wonderware Historical Trend

Nan

Hi,

I am new to wonderware, I am having a question that is it possible that wonderware Historical trend can provide six month trend? I am having 13 tags need to be stored and provide up to six month trend. If this is possible, how can I set it up, where are all the tag data need to be stored.

Thanks,

The Historical trend in Wonderware will only allow 8 pens (tags) to be trended at 1 time.
Yes it will support 6 months in the trend window....but that will be a lot data crammed into the trend. What resolution is the application?
There is a 16 pen application for Wonderware also.

Last edited:
It depends on the type of Historian you have. The Standard and Enterprise historians will store trends for well over a year if you have the data base memory.

Local Historians store data for 7 days.

Are we talking classic Intouch logging or InSQL historian? I'm picking you mean classic Intouch logging which is what NetNathan is talking about

6 months of trend data will take a while to display depending on the logging configuration of the tags. But you can store log files indefinitely, the only limit is disk space. As NetNathan says there's a 16 pen trend but i have never had need for it. Even 8 pens on a single trend can make it difficult to see what's going on depending on the process.