Compact L24 to motoman DX200 EIP

bill4807

Hi,

Havent been on in a while. But i have run into a little snag Could someone please let me know if I need to add a communication card to my compact L24er to communicate with a motoman robot over ethernet IP implicitly. I thought I did not since the comm module specifications manual does not say I need one. Is this correct?
The robot is set up and I have added a generic ethernet module to my tree, but I keep getting the yellow triangle and saying IO not responding. The module says not configured or module mismatch..

Thank you for your time.

Does the robot have EIP adapter option installed?
Did you configure the EIP adapter in the robot?
Which assembly instances did you use for the generic Ethernet module?
What connection size?

Hi sergei,

Thank you for replying. Yes it has EIP adapter installed and it is enabled. I have attached some images of the fault in the rs5000 software.
But in the robot the input instance is 50, output instance is 100, configuration is 150. The robot is setup for 8 bytes in and 8 bytes out.
The connection size I believe I should set it up for SINT, 8 of thise for in and 8 for out and 0 for config?
I am using the embedded port on the PLC right now.

Their is EIP safety installed on this robot as well but I do not need to use it so I have it set to virtual mode.not safety mode.

20170927_080418.jpg 20170927_080442.jpg

The Faults Manual is not very clear on this:
#0110 The controller is attempting to set up a Listen Only connection with the module and cannot - the module has not been configured and connected to by an Owner (for example, another controller). This controller is not an Owner of this module because it is attempting to establish a Listen Only connection, which requires no module configuration. It cannot connect until an Owner configures and connects to the module first.

From such explanation, it's not even clear if the problem is on the PLC or the robot side.
The adapter setup in the robot looks OK.
BTW, all other modules on the picture are also with yellow triangles.
So, maybe something wrong being done in the PLC?

The other ethernet modules are for remote turck modules that I have not recieved yet, so they are not hooked up. I just put them in the tree so I can start writing the logic with correct addresses.
I do not think the generic ethernet module is setup for exclusI've owner. I do not see this option? Attached is a photo of my setup for the generic module in rs5000.

How do I get to setup the module definition? Do I need an eds file or something?

20170927_133733.jpg

It defaulted to those numbers.
Since then I have changes them to 8 bytes and 8 bytes. I also realized I had the input and output instances the same in the robot and plc. I needed to reverse them. So now in the robot 50, 100, 150. In the plc 100, 50, 150.
This change seemed to get rid of the yellow triangle, and no faults on the module. It reads "running" although under module status in the plc (internal state) unknown and (module identity) mismatch.
But I cannot read or write data to each other still.
Is it because I have the other 5 modules in my ethernet tree not connected? Would this stop communication to the good robot connection?

Probably, the Input/Output assembly numbers are mismatched.
Try Input 100 and output 50. This is how I found them in my last project (Omron PLC).
Also, set Unicast connection, if nothing else is listening to it.

I will try this tomorrow morning. Setting the assembly number differently.
The motoman manual says to disable(uncheck) unicast connection. I am not sure why if it is direct.

Well I've tried on and off all day to try to get it working. No luck.
I did notice the "eds" or coniguration for the dx200 says ethernet ip safety slave. I wonder if this is conflicting with my standard ethernet.(see first attachment.so I pulled the standard ethernet EDS file out of the robot and loaded it into rs5000 via the toolkit and kept getting this alarm when I tried creating a new module.

"Failed to create module. A fatal unhandled exception has occurred withing rs 5000 services. Shut down the server"

What is this? I am not running server services..?

Sergei,
I figured I would post the outcome since you tried to help me.
But it was the motOman ethernet IP safety was conflicting with the standard ethernet IP. So the ethernet IP safety had to be disabled on the robot side from robot manufacture.
Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the information. I suspected that the Ethernet/IP safety may be the reason, but never dealt with it, therefore could not suggest any advice.