Profibus??

PhillipA

First let me say that i have never used Profibus before. I have a system that has several Siemens drives Using Profibus to talk to a SLC500 PLC. There's an analog signal going to one of the drives that I would like to send to the PLC. How do I go about doing this? Thank you for your help.

Could be easy
What ppo type or telegram is being used?
In the SST software.. (I guess that's it)
And what drive?

Last edited:
I'm sorry for being so unfamiliar with this. I'm not sure what you mean by ppo or telegram type. However it is a Simovert VC Drive 6SE7021-8EB61-Z.I hope this information helps. Thank you so much for responding.

You have ANY information on the config of your plcs Profibus?
How about the mapping of data in the slc?
Do you see a status word, speed actual, spare , spare or something?
Give us something to work with

There's an analog signal going to one of the drives that I would like to send to the PLC.

Not sure what you mean here; what is this analog signal exactly and how is it "going to one of the drives"? In other words, what I'm asking is, what's the source of this analog signal, what is the signal, and what is it doing at the drive?

You mention the PLC being a SLC500 so my guess is that the Profibus card in your rack is a third party card, maybe Prosoft? If so, I have some experience with setting up Prosoft at least for ControlLogix so I may be able to help with getting that set up (if that's in fact what we're dealing with here).

Refer to the compendium for the drive. Here's an example block diagram showing the Analogue inputs. You use the connector number as the source of data in your Profibus telegram.

VC1.jpg

Here's where you configure the Profibus telegram, I'm showing it connected to word 6 of the telegram
(P734.06=11 for Analogue input 1)

VC2.jpg

I am sharing a document i created to help someone and myself undestand PPO and configuring a drive as DP slave
hope it helps

I'm sorry for the delay in my response. I have a family member with an incurable disease. Anyways, I am getting a 0-10v signal to a drive from a pressure transducer on Analog input 1. That will be the reference for the drive. The card in the PLC is a third party card. It has SST on the front of it. When I open the I/O congiguration in the PLC it is listed as Other with an ID Code of 13635. The advanced config shows that it is addressed M0 and M1. They appear to be 32 words long. I hope that this helps. Thank you for all of your help.