OT: New Chiller

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but I know you guys work with all sorts of different equipment.

I have been tasked with upgrading our existing chilling system.

Currently we have 3 chillers. A Trane, a York and a Blue Box.

I am working alongside a 3rd party, and they have basically come up with 2 options. York and Trane.

I then asked them which chiller is the Rolls Royce, if you like, of the industry.

They then came back to me and mentioned Sabroe.

I have been looking over various sales pitches and I like the Sabroe.

We use standard components across the site, and it seems Sabroe would be more likely to accommodate us on using components which we want to use.

The chiller will need to provide around 2MW of cooling.

Has anyone got any thing they can say about either of these manufacturers?

Cheers

Mark

We use a combination of Sabroe and Mycom screw compressors for our freezing and chilling systems.

Mycom seems to be the preferred unit in my industry, it is what's being installed in place of the older Sabroe's as we upgrade our plants from R22 to Ammonia.

But there are a lot of Sabroe's on these ships and they get the job done just fine and have been in service for decades.

(I am pretty sure that the original Sabroe company was bought out by York about 10 years ago but they continue to produce using the Sabroe name)

The new ship we are planning to build will have a cascading type refrigeration system that will be very high pressure CO2 & Ammonia.

BCS

Last edited:
Welcome back Sparky! Was glad to hear you guys got through the storm. Hopefully the rest of the hurricane season is less exciting than the beginning has been.

Thanks Bering,

The system we are looking at is a cascade type, with 3 chillers being installed to begin with, and space left to accommodate a 4th as the company expands.

Cheers

Mark