Communicating from modsoft

Sports_

Hey all,

I am trying to communicate with an old PLC using Modsoft.
It's a Modicon Quantam 140 113 03. I am using Modsoft and whatever I try, I
Still can't seem to connect to it. I have tried a couple different laptops using Windows XP. For cables, I've tried from the CPU from the modbus port (9-pin) to the laptop using a 9-pin, I've tried the switch to rj45, and a 9 pin to USB adapter. Still I cannot connect through Dos with Modsoft. There is a modbus plus port on the CPU I did try but don't think is correct.
I don't know if the computers are too new and the Dos isn't a full Dos addition potentially or if I am missing something obvious.
Maybe is there a program that is newer that can convert maybe?
I'm not really sure what the next move is from here.

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Hello,

I keep an old Toshiba laptop with only MS DOS installed to run MODSOFT. Every time I attempted to run it on anything other than raw MS DOS it failed. I have read of others using MS DOS emulations with success, I was never able to duplicate. It has been a few years since I last tried. Serial port timing seemed to be the issue.