1788-CN2DN Linking Device

jdesousa

I am running 1756-L63 ControlLogix PLC with 1756-CNB/E. One of the modules in this network is 1788-CN2DN ControlNet to DeviceNet converter. I am trying to commission this unit and have encountered a problem. Module Status flashes RED and Linking Activity Status is OFF. Iran RSNetWorkx for COntrolNet and the itpicks up the module with "Missing" Status. Read manuals and tried everything and I am not able to get the Linking Activity Status to flash green and Module Status to turn off. Any suggestions ?

The meanings of each of the six LED status indicators are listed in the Installation Instructions for the 1788-CN2DN:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1788-in052_-en-p.pdf

My first question is going to be: what are the other four indicators doing ?

The Module Status LED indicates what is happening on the DeviceNet side of the module. Flashing red means that there's a connection broken between the scanner and one or more DeviceNet slave devices.

The Linking Activity LED only flashes when there is messaging traffic (not just I/O) passing between the CNet and DNet sides. You won't see it flashing unless you are browsing or otherwise sending traffic across the CN2DN.

The "missing" indication from RSNetworx for ControlNet is more worrisome, because it indicates that the device isn't connecting to ControlNet correctly.

Does the 1788-CN2DN show up in a network browse using RSLinx ? What kind of a controller is connected to the -CN2DN ? What is the connection status for the CN2DN in that controller ?

Thanks Ken. Control Network is healthy and the green light is solid. I can scan it using RSNETWORKX and it shows as MISSING. The only problem is themodule status light which is RE FLASHING. Tried connecting directly to one single E3+ on device net circuit with 120 Ohm resistors at both ends and I get the same result. The DeviceNet Status light and I/O status light flash green.

Ken - Control Network looks good because I have a solid green light on CN2DN module. But I still pick it up as MISSING when I go online with RSNETWORKX. In the PLC I/O I get a little yellow triangle and the status is Connecting......Faulted......Connecting......Faulted. It is a time out error.

Hello guys.

Can someone help me???

I'm having a big problem with a 1788-cn2dn module in an application. The module changed the behavior after a test I made to return the electrical connection of a GE DH485 communicator (devicenet to MODBUS RTU). Is this behavior that I am sending in the pictures is some serious equipment failure? Additionally, in RSlogix 5000 you have an exclamation icon in the I / O Configuration that indicates that module 16 code # 0204. Is there any Compatible Keying?

Thank you for your attention.

IMG_20170818_105202640_HDR[1].jpg 1788CN2DN_00.jpg 1788CN2DN_01.jpg 1788CN2DN_02.jpg 1788CN2DN_03.jpg