Online or Offline Tags RS View Machine Edition

Rob S.

I am adding some information to a previous RS View Machine Edition application. It has been awhile since I did much with RS View Studio. When adding a numeric display and I want to select the tag for the connection,I thought you could drill right down to a live tag in the processor ? Or do I need to go the offline route? What would you recommend , and what would be the process ? I forget also how to get the tags offline.

Rob,

You can drill right down to the tag in the processor as long as you are connected to that processor.

For your numeric display however, I would assign an internal tag which points to the tag in the processor. I find this helps with any scaling especially with timers etc.

If you open your communication setup, you can browse to the .ACD file you wish to use as your offline file.

Don't forget to copy to your runtime.

Hope this helps.

RSView.jpg