glenglen

I did following steps in DCOM settings:
OPC Server node (Win XP Pro)
-in DCOMCNFG,
-checked "Enable Distributed COM on this computer"
-set "Default Authentication Level" to "None"
-set "Default Impersonation Level" to "Identify"
-in general tab, set "Authenatication Level" to "None"
-in location tab, checked "Run application on this computer" and unchecked others
-in security tab, customized "access permissions" options, added in group "Everyone" with allow to access
-in security tab, customized "launch permissions" options, added in group "Everone" with allow to access
in identity tab, checked "the launching user"

OPC Client node (Win XP Pro)
-created registry settings (get from reg file from OPC server)
-in DCOMCNFG,
-checked "Enable Distributed COM on this computer"
-set "Default Authentication Level" to "None"
-set "Default Impersonation Level" to "Identify"
-in location tab, checked "run application on the following computer" with computer's name of OPC server and unchecked others.

With all these settings, i able to launch OPC server when i clicked "Connect to OPC Server" in my opc client but unable to connect to opc server.
i have error message "CoCreateInstannceEx - failed for node: 123.123.123.1 ProgID:CIMPLICITY.HMI.OPCServer (80070005)"

Scenario:
i have OPC Server (XP home) installed in one node and another OPC Client (XP Pro) installed in another node. i'd like to connect to OPC Server from OPC Client remotely. how do i make it? i read the documentation GFK-1675, but its example is in NT environment. i'm using winXP and it is a lot different from NT.

any one can help me on this? what's the problem? or do i miss anythings above? thank you very much.

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][size=-1]The critical action here is to add Anonymous Logon for both Access and Launch Permissions or opcenum.exe will not work and your OPC client will not be able to browse for remote OPC servers on the affected machine. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][size=-1]The reason for this is that OPCEnum.exe (which is an OPC Foundation supplied application), is written to initialize security to allow Anonymous connections - it does not look for specific users. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][size=-1]Both Access and Launch Permissions must be set to allow everything. Subsets of Everyone can be used but must not be more restrictive than the settings set found under the Edit Default buttons for both Access and Launch Permissions or they will override them.

From: http://www.softwaretoolbox.com/xpsp2/html/dcomlimits.html[/size][/font]​