Put/Get using S7 Connection Status

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all!

Trying to figure out if it is possible to monitor connection status in my program (like device status). We generally use our own watchdog, but was wondering if there is a standard.

Thanks!

You can look NDR, done and error outputs and make communication counters.
one of these bits are true for one PLC scan after message is maded.

Hi, yes we could do that, but was hoping for a system function(block).

Yeah we do something similar, it is pretty simple. But my co-worker was sure he had seen a standard block at a seminar.

wd.PNG

PUT and GET should always carry a heartbeat or rolling counter as the instruction functions even when the partner PLC is in stop. It's not the end of the world not having one, but it's good practice.