Analog Ammeter for Outdoor

Levi G

Hi does anyone know of a Analog Ammeter for Outdoor.(The type with a dial.)

The one I'm looking for would require a 4-20mA input and a range from 0-100Amps.

I have talked with Crompton and they say they don't have one for Outdoor.

Thanks.

He may be thinking about temperature range also. Levi G you may want to list, at least for your own search efforts, the range of environmental factors under which the meter would have to operate.

Your best bet is probably to use a standard ammeter and mount it in a NEMA 4X enclosure with a clear cover like these: http://www.vynckier.com/multibox-sm...HvYBEZqkVC2suNsI30QZElZeMiwTvC9RoCUfMQAvD_BwE

Thanks Tom I will have a look at these.

bernie_carlton
He may be thinking about temperature range also. Levi G you may want to list, at least for your own search efforts, the range of environmental factors under which the meter would have to operate.

I am looking to mount this outdoor in Canada so temperatures down to -40c, and weather like wind, snow, rain, hail and dust....and sun.

NEMA 4X, outdoor temperature rated

Yokogawa_270_Series_1.jpg

http://www.electro-meters.com/yokogawa/yokogawa-analog/270-series/?tab=2#TabbedPanels1

with some resistors you can make them suitable for 20 mA, however not for 4 mA but with the zero setting you will be able to make zero.

I saw somewhere in the text something about a feature with 20% zero offset for 4-20mA.

I'm guessing it's a long lead time for delivery though, whereas a digital read-out will be off-the-shelf.