Siemens Text Display TD17

userxyz

We use TD17's to visualise Emergency Stops. The problem I had, was that there were 6 emergency stops shown on the panel. Not one emergency stop was pressed, electrical everything seemed to be okay. So I did a monitor in the program, al the bits were low, but still I had these stops, I erased the flash memory of the TD17 and daownloaded the protool program, everything is okay now ??? I never had troubles with these panels, but this is very strange. The only thing I did last week was putting an optional battery in the TD because the Date & Time was always wrong after a weekend.

Anyone seen these problems also ??

I'm not sure, but some Siemens panels uses dma (direct memory address). I means when panel booting up, it puts variables direct address it's memory and uses them.
If someone compres PLC's memory, everything goes wrong. OP-panel
uses old direct addresses and they are wrong now.

This problem is true at last with S5-CPU's and OP7, OP17-panels, I don't know others, but I 'doubt' others too..