PanelBuilder32 won't open .pva files

Hal9000

I'm currently using PanelBuilder32 version 03.82.00 (build 413).

I'm trying to open two .PVA files that I created on another PC in 2008(that PC no longer exists). But they won't open. I sure I had the same version of PB32 on that machine but can't confirm that now.

I get the following messages:

1st message:

File name Node13_eyestw.pva is an old file. It will take twice as long for loading under the new version of PanelBuilder32. Perform a save as type PanelBuilder32 .PBA to inprove performance.

2nd message:

pvconv

Unable to load file. Not a PanelBuilder32 file, or file is corrupted or disk space is low.

My PC space is 24gb

I have attached the file incase anybody else could open it for me and perhaps (if it's not too much trouble) convert them to .PBA

Kindest regards,

Justin

Both opened for me but I have Ver 3.83. See zip below both converted to .PBA files with ver 3.83. You might consider upgrading your ver.

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey.

The converted files opened up fine. Looks good.

I'll talk to my local agent about getting an upgrade.

Cheers,

Justin

possible solution to PB32 wont open files

Hi all
Had the same issue today and after speaking to Rockwell found that the location of the file is critical. If the pile path is too long PB32 wont open the file. Try copying the file to a C:/temp folder or somewhere similar.

Hi all
Had the same issue today and after speaking to Rockwell found that the location of the file is critical. If the pile path is too long PB32 wont open the file. Try copying the file to a C:/temp folder or somewhere similar.

I think the total length of the path has to be less than 64 characters or something like that. The file attached by dagninomarcos opens fine for me with PB32 v3.83

conversion problems

I dont have much experiance with panelbuilder 32 but im getting whipped by this pva file it wont let me open the file it says crc mismatch unexpected format. Could someone convert this to a pba file please