water treatment plant sand filters valves

Charbel

dear,

I am wondering if it is preferable to use electrical motorized valves or pneumatic valves for the sand filters in water treatment plants. I am tending toward believing that electrical motorized valves seems better since they will not need any compressed dry air as the pneumatic valves. Any thought on this?

thanks a lot!

Charbel

If you have a lot of existing pneumatic valves with the required compressor, air drier, etc. then pneumatic can be less expensive. I see new installations going almost exclusively electric, however.

This is true for both modulating and open/close service. There was a time when pneumatic operators were thought to be more precise in modulating service, but that time is long gone.