Mitsi Fxplc And Maths? Book?

JOES

HELLO ALL
WHERE CAN I LEARN (OR BUY A BOOK ) THAT WILL TECH ME HOW TO DO CALCULATION ON THE FX PLC AND AN MHI DISPLAY
IN PARTICULAR HOW TO U DISPLAY THE RESULT OF 50/3 AS A DECIMAL NO
THATS
JOE

The 'Math' and 'Numbers' sections of Phils's book are a good place to start.

I'm assuming that by 'decimal number', you mean the value of 50/3 expressed as 16.6666...

To do it, your PLC needs to be able to do floating-point calculations and the HMI needs to be able to display it properly. There is an IEEE standard method of encoding floating point numbers in 32 bits. The PLC and the HMI need to be instructed to interpret those 32 bits as a floating-point value and not as a 32-bit signed or unsigned integer.

If your PLC is limited to integer math, all is not lost. When you (integer) divide 50 by 3, the result is 16 if your system truncates the result, 17 if it rounds up. But when you (integer) divide 50000 by 3, the result is either 16666 or 16667, and you can instruct the HMI to insert the decimal point in the proper location.

When you do stuff like that with integer math, you have to be careful to anticipate the maximum and minimum values you'll be using. For example, the maximum unsigned 16-bit integer value is 65535. If you needed to divide any value between 25 and 75 by three, in your example of 50/3, you could only use 5000/3 to get two decimal places. If the maximum value of the numerator is 65 or less, you can get three decimal places. If your PLC supports 32-bit integer math, the range if values is +/- 2 billion (two thousand-million to you) and change.

fx plc and floating piont?

thanks Steve Bailey
for ur swift reply all noted
both the plc and the HMI do floating piont maths is just that when i try to do it i get an error report that i dont know so i need some sample program line for the mitsubishi fx plc that i know will work to see what i am doing wrong
thanks again
bye
joe

math

i'm using fx series too. for calculation, i found that, it's same with assembly language. ADD for additional, SUB for substract , MUL and DIV. and the value move into data register.
but, if you use number which is larger than regular data register range, you will found the problem. so, what you have to do is, you must use "doublemultiply" or "double" for what ever function you use.
it seems like : DMOV, DDIV , DSUB, DADD. and make sure, when you want to keep the value, you must reserve one data reg. ex. :
if you DMUL K3000 K3000 and the value will move into D100. so make sure, you must not use D101 anymore. ok...

best regard,
kama :cool:

Book on Mitsi PLC

I am also looking for a book called -"One Hundred & One ways to use Programmble Controller" The book is by Mitsubishi only, but i have not yet got the source. I tried with Mitsubishi web site, but it is not there. I have seen the title in Mitsubishi's Catalog.

If you come across, please let me know.
I have Mitsi FX-1N PLC.
Looking for book on solved examples for FX-1N series.

Regards

that book

i have that book it is very basic and does not cover maths
and the examples are very simple and not of much use
bye
joe
ps dont waste ur money on it

that book on PLC

JOES said:
i have that book it is very basic and does not cover maths
and the examples are very simple and not of much use
bye
joe
ps dont waste ur money on it

Thanks for the info.
Does this book give basic info on FX-1N PLC of Mitsubishi ?
My purpose is to learn all the instructions of FX series
with some small examples.

From where you purchased this book ?
What is the price ?
I did not get the source of this book.

Regards,