kinetix6500 hard overtravel

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All. We had an incident yesterday where the hard overtravel limit switch was stuck, which we didn't find out until some wasted time. Whenever we powered the Kinetix, the motor would crawl in the opposite direction we wanted it to, even though the parameters are set to StopMotor during hard-overtravel. Having CNC machinery experience I recognized what was happening however, with no Kinetix experience, I wasn't 100% sure. I have a couple of questions for those with experience with the Kinetix SDU's. First, is there a bit someone that could flag my PLC that an overtravel condition exists? I contacted Rockwell Support and they gave me a bit but then told me "it might not change condition". Second, why would this motor continue to move even though the parameter for hard-overtravel is set to StopMotor? Thanks in advance for always coming through for me. :D