S7 PLC Simulator problem with SFC20

Werner

Maybe you already know this but I just found it out.

I tested my program using the PLC simulator from siemens (S7). In this program I use SFC20 (BLOCKMOVE). When simulating it all worked perfect.

On site at the customer I found out that it didn't work. (You can't use SFC20 if the source and destination overlap, which I had done). So I had to change my software onsite. So I guess I will now test complicated programs always on the real thing.

Werner,

90% of the simulators I tested showed the same behaviour: there's always something, sometimes small, sometimes big, that behaves not exactly as the real thing does. That's why I stepped away from simulators years agoo. The only one I still use is professor Bill Simpson's LogixPro program found on the learning pit. But then again it only covers part of the possibilities you have with the real thing (AB SLC). I'm very excited about Phil's simulator, I surely hope it can match LogixPro's abilities.

Kind regards,

Werner,
I would forward that bit of information to Siemens.
If we are lucky they will make an update to the simulator.

I use the S7 simulator a lot, and it saves a me a lot of trouble when commisioning the real project.