how to Open Wincc Flex 2005 sp1 HF7 in WinCC flex 2008 compact/standard/advance

xohaibalam

Hello !
I am using WinCC flex 2008 compact/standard/advance.
I have a project which is made in WinCC flex 2005 SP1 HF7.
The problem is that the WinCC flex 2005 project is not opening in the WinCC flex 2008.
Is there any way to open the WinCC flex 2005 project in the WinCC flex 2008 compact/standard/advance version.
Please give suggestion as soon as possible.

Rregards,
Zee Alam

Normally, WinCC Flexible automatically convert older projects to the current version. 2008 can open 2005 SP1 HF7 no problem.
Activate the "output" window and observe what information is reported in that window as to why the project does not open.

The output Window shows these errors

Error1:
Warning: Errors were found and corrected in the database 'SunOpta'.
Please remember that you ALWAYS need to handle '.hmi' and '_log.LDF' file together!

Error 2:
Warning: Severe errors possibly causing data loss were found in the database 'SunOpta'.
WinCC flexible will try to correct these errors.

Seems that the project file is corrupted.
You can try to install the latest service packs and hot fixes to WinCC Flexible 2008.
If that does not help, you may have to have Siemens Support to try and repair the project file.

This tends to happen when the file has been copied and pasted into another file or folder... sometimes Siemens does,nt like to be copied this way. Sounds like the Log file is corrupt... You may have to contact support or even better the company who supplied the program...

Regards

John Vincent

To add to what John said...
I always integrate the WinCC Flex project in the STEP7 project with the connected S7 CPUs. And I always use the archive/retrieve function in STEP7 to save the entire project and be able to send it via email for example.
In that way I dont get such errors as John mentioned.