On TIA PORTAL:
browse to "project folder"\IM\HMI\{xxx-xxx}\
open RtData.plf with notepad or ascii editor
find username (admin for example)
look for -> userï
on the left you will see the password -> passwordï
https://imgur.com/a/4FtqiVv

Last edited:
@carmameze Which version where you using ? can the password be encrypted on v14 ? i tried it and found the used but there was nothing on the left or right or close.

I did try it with a project i had the password and i was not able to find it with CTRL F...

hello my friends. we have MP277 TOUCH HMI. We have forgotten Admin password. we don't have source program BUT I can get back up ,Is it possible to get password from back up file?

The User names and Passwords are just ASCII strings so you can cheat the system by opening the compiled file in a basic text editor. most of it will look like garbage, but luckily the ASCII characters still come through.

1. compile the project
2. locate files on hard drive usually in a folder (HMIes) or something like that
3. there will be several *.DATA files
4. right click and select "Open with"
5. choose notepad
6. Ctrl+F and search for the user name
7. it will probably appear in multiple locations, especially if it is "Admin" or the like, but one of those places will have a the password on the same line it looks something like this
"sdf dsfhf -password ,/username,, dslfkfg;lk"
\

hello my friend. We have MP377_12Touch HMI from Siemens, we don't have admin password in users accounts.but I can get back up file in BIN format. do you have any sloution for carak password from back up file ?