Compactlogix sending print string to L-series Mathews printer

I am using a compactlogix 1769-L16ER BB1B to send a print string to a L-series Mathew printer. My main question is can I setup a TCP/IP connection using port 10005.

thanks
Jake

I dont know why the pic is not showing, it was a page from the manual that said

"The Command Protocol is always available on TCP/IP ports 10005 and 10006. The difference between the two ports is that port 10006 does not send any responses back. The Command Protocol can also be enabled for serial ports using the Protocol Configuration screen. The Command Protocol was introduced in MPERIA 2.5."

There is no reason you can't create a socket connection to either port. They have a lot of printers all made by different people so the protocols can be different.

Also, if you need any information about Matthews products you are going to have to get them to send it to you. They don't put anything online!?

If doing socket programming with anything get yourself a good socket testing program like Hercules Utility (free) You can test the printer manually to see if you have managed to configure the printer properly and you use it as a target for your PLC code for testing as the printers tend to be pretty uncooperative to mistakes.

Rockwell have an old vb socket client test program but it does not work correctly with logix sockets.

The default configuration for sockets in logix closes a socket with a RST instead of the 'normal' FIN ACK handshake.

I lost a lot of hair before I figured out the test client didn't work properly.