Fetching realtime data from Wonderware InTouch9.5 to csv file using python

abuarwa

Hi;
In my O/G facility we are using Wonderware Intouch ver 9.5 for SCADA. We need to automate the process of exporting realtime process values for some equipment every hour to a CSV file.
I have a wide and extensive experience in programming using python and C/C++. But I don't know which Intouch tool might the my code link with to get the required data. Would you please help me?
And if there is a built-in solution which may achieve the required automated process; I will be thankful if you guide me to it.
Regards;

You can get the tag values from Intouch using the DDE interface, the easiest way to try this out is using Excel as DDE client.

The Python extension for Windows PyWin32 contain a DDE module, with this you should be able to get access to Intouch tag values from a Python script running in the background.